Fried Peach Pies
- 6-7 ounces dried fruit (I used peaches, can use apples, apricots, or other dried fruit)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 T lemon juice (optional, but I use it)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional, but I use it)
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/2 C shortening
- 1/2 C of milk (can add a little more if needed)
Place dried fruit in pot, add water. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer until fruit is tender. Add other ingredients and mash together with a potato masher or fork. Set aside while dough is prepared.
In medium bowl, place flour and salt. Stir together. Cut in shortening. Add milk and stir until dough sticks together. Divide into ten portions. Roll each portion out on a floured surface into a five or six inch circle. Place two tablespoons of filling in each. Wet the edges and fold over, crimping with a fork.
Cook in oil which has been heated on medium heat, until browned on both sides, turning as needed. Remove to paper towel lined plate.