Grilled Bone in Pork Chop with Beurre Blanc Sauce
Pork chops go to a new level when served with this Beurre Blanc sauce. Foodies are sharing souls–and, this is a sauce that Beth learned from one of her professional guest chefs, so she naturally shared with me. I wanted to give it a test run, so I decided to do the beurre blanc sauce with a big fat juicy bone-in pork chop…I must say freakin’ amazing!
- BEURRE BLANC SAUCE:
- 2 large thick (about 2”) bone-in pork chops
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or your choice)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup white wine (I used chardonnay.)
- 6 chopped cold butter cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from allyskitchen.com
In a heavy cast iron skillet on medium high heat, put oil and butter. Salt and pepper both sides of each pork chop and pat into the meat. Put chops in the skillet and sear on each side about 2-3 minutes to get a nice golden brown. Reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking another 5-7 minutes on each side turning several times. When done, remove the chops to a plate and set aside. Reduce heat to low on skillet, do not remove drippings. Wait a couple of minutes before starting the sauce.
BEURRE BLANC SAUCE:
Put shallots in skillet and caramelize 3-5 minutes on low heat. Add balsamic vinegar and wine to deglaze skillet. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the skillet to get the good stuff. Whisk and stir until the liquid is reduced to about half its original amount. You now have a concentrated flavor.
Start whisking in the cold butter, one cube (or tablespoon) at a time. Stir and whisk. When completely melted, add the next tablespoon until all are incorporated in the sauce. When done with all butter, whisk in parsley and immediately put a couple of tablespoons on each pork chop. This is a delicate (and rich!) sauce; do not let it sit.
You'll also love
- EASY GRILLED PORK CHOPS 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- MUSSELS MARINARA 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Mediterranean Egg Casserole for Two 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- ABC Sandwich (Apple, Bacon and... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Roasted Caramelized Veggies 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Zesty Italian Tuna Casserole 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Dr. Pepper-Glazed Ham 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops 3.4/5 (18 Votes)