Sweet Potato and Red Lentil Bisque
You can sub brown or green lentils for the red; they won't fall apart as easily, so forego the blending and serve as a chunky stew.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 c. red lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 1/2 c. dried apricots
- 1/4 c. shopped onions or shallots
- 1/4 to 1/2 t. Thai red chili pasdte
- 4 cups chicken or veg brother
- 3/4 c. light coconut milk
- 1/2 t. salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- chopped cilantro (opt'l)
- 4 T. pomegranate juice or seeds (opt'l)
1. Place sweet potatoes, lentils, apricots, onion, chili paste, and brother in a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to low heat, cover, and simmer until lentils are falling apart, about 25 minutes. Let soup sit, uncovered, 10 minutes.
2. Add coconut milk. Using a blender, puree soup until smoother in batches if necessary. Stir in salt and pepper, and add more to taste.
3. To serve: Divide pureed soup among soup bowls, and top each with cilantro and pom juice or seeds (op)
Freese up to 8 weeks.
You'll also love
- 3-3-3 Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crunch - Aunt Trina's -... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Joe's Reunion Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chickpea Soup with Moghrabieh... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Those Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean Fiesta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Crowns 0/5 (0 Votes)