Whether cooking on your stove or letting it simmer all day in a slow cooker, you won't be disappointed with this chili. Serve with fresh bread or crackers.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can (46-ounce) tomato juice
- 1 can (29-ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15-ounce) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chili powder
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and crumble to about pea size.
In a large pot over high heat combine the ground beef, tomato juice, tomato sauce, kidney beans, pinto beans, onions, bell pepper, cayenne pepper, sugar, oregano, ground black pepper, salt, cumin and chili powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Note: If using a slow cooker, set on low, add ingredients, and cook for 8 to 10 hours.