Hot Spinach Dip
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil (more for baking dish)
- 1 medium Onion (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 lbs. Spinach (cleaned, trimmed, coarsely
- 1/2 c. Milk
- 6 oz. Cream Cheese (reduced fat)
- 3 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 dashes Hot Sauce (Tabasco)
- 3/4 c. Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- Coarse Salt and Pepper
- Baguette slices, Breadsticks or Crackers (for
Preheat oven to 425°. In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook until lightly browned, about 5-8 minutes.
Add spinach in 2 additions, letting the first batch wilt before adding the next; cook until completely wilted, about 5-8 minutes. Transfer to a colander; drain, pressing to release all excess liquid.
In the same pot, warm milk over high heat. Whisk in cream cheese until melted, about 3 minutes. Add spinach, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and 1/4 cup mozzarella; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a lightly oiled 1-1/2 qt. shallow baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.