Muffins: Cranberry, Oatmeal W. W. Points Plus 3 no toping
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 + 2 tablespoons cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup Cranberry dry
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 28mins
1. Grease twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, oats, cranberry and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture: set aside.
3. In another bowl combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full. If desired, sprinkle Streusel Topping over muffin batter in cups. Bake in a 400; oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts per muffin for plain, blueberry, cranberry, oatmeal, and poppy seed variations: 136 cal, 5 g total (at (1 g sat. fat). 19 mg chol.. 128 mg sodium, 19 g carbo.. 0 g fiber. 3 g pro. Daily Values: 1% vit A. 6% calcium. 5% iron Exchanges: I Starch, Other Carbo.. 1/2 Fat
Streusel Topping: Combine 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cut in 2 table¬spoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 2 tablespoons chopped nuts.
Sizing Up Muffins
Muffin cups come in all shapes and sizes, from bite-size minis to standard 21/2-inch cups to jumbo muffins. You'll need to adjust the baking time according to the pan you choose. Mini muffins will bake about 8 minutes less than stan¬dard-size muffins. And for jumbo muffins, lower the oven temperature to 350°F and bake about 30 minutes.