Cauliflower and pea soup
- 2 1/2 cups green or yellow split peas
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets - or try 1-2 small sweet potatoes if using yellow peas (to thicken and sweeten)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- Pinch of rosemary
- Pinch of thyme
- Fresh oregano
- Pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch of greens (kale, spinach or chard)
1. In a large soup pot, put 6 cups of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the split peas, onion, carrots, cauliflower, celery and herbs. Stir and bring to a boil again.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the peas and vegetables are tender, about an hour. If you prefer a creamy soup, transfer half the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Return it to the soup pot and mix well to combine.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.