Cookies: Peppermint Meringues
These Peppermint Meringues are a light and airy confectioner delights! Perfect for the Holidays!
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 12 drops red food coloring
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Preheat oven to 200°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt on medium-high speed until white and foamy, about 1 minute. With mixer running, gradually add sugar in 3 additions beating for 2 minutes between each addition. Beat until firm peaks form, about 2 minutes longer. Add powdered sugar and peppermint extract; beat to blend, about 1 minute.
Dot coloring over surface of meringue; do not stir (the coloring will form swirls when piped). Spoon meringue into a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch tip. (See Prep School; alternatively, spoon into a plastic freezer bag, then cut 1/2" off 1 corner.) Twist top; pipe 1" rounds onto prepared sheet, spacing 1-inch apart.
Bake meringues until dry, about 2 1/2 hours. Let cool completely, about 1 hour (meringues will crisp as they cool).
Can be made 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature between sheets of parchment or waxed paper.
You'll also love
- Scallops with Cherry-Tarragon Sauce 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Coconut Mango Smoothie 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Cinnamon Roll Baked Donuts 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Sinless Oatmeal Choco Chip Cookies 4.2/5 (60 Votes)
- World’s Best Swiss Buttercream 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Citrus Martini 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Mandarin Orange Cake 4.4/5 (41 Votes)