Black Bean Soup
from Johanna Sharp
Rate this recipe 4/5 (1 Votes)
- 3/4 cups chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil (I omit)
- 3 (14.4 oz.) cans of chicken broth
- 2-3 (15 oz.) cans black beans
- 1 (16 oz.) jar salsa
- 2 cans shredded chicken breast (I usually boil 2-3 chicken breast or use leftover chicken and shred it myself)
- 1 cup long grain rice (microwave kind in the pouch)
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
Just throw it all in a crock pot and let it cook away, except the rice. Microwave the rice according to package directions. Add the rice 1-2 hours before serving.
Cook on low 6-8 hours.