Holiday Sausage Stuffing
From Johnsonville and New York Brand Toast Recipe.
- 1 pkg Johnsonville Italian Mild Sausage links, casings removed or 1 pkg Johnsonville italian all natural mild ground sausage
- 12 slices or 1 1/2 pkg Texas Garlic Toast
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp rubbed sage
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425.
Bake Texas toast for 10 minutes; cool and cut into 1-1/2" pieces.
Put in a bowl.
Lower oven to 325.
In a large skillet, brown and cook crumbled sausage until no longer pink.
Drain sauage on paper towel.
In the same skillet, melt buttter and saute onion, celery and green pepper until tender.
In a large mixing bowl, combine sausage, vegetable mix, toast and sage.
Add eggs and broth.
Toss gently, salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon into a buttered 3-4 qt baking dish.
Cover with foil.
Bake for 60 minutes.
Uncover and bake 10 min longer or until lightly browned.
Check internal temp - it should read 165 when done.
You'll also love
- Holiday Sausage Stuffing 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Bahamian White Conch Chowder 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Autumn Stuffed Banana Squash 3.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Beef Enchiladas with Easy Mole... 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Pork Loin Casserole 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Sweet Potato and Chorizo Sausage... 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffing (Dressing) 4/5 (3 Votes)