Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder
- 3 1/2-4 lbs boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 Tbsp dried crushed red peppers
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp Kosher salt (NOT sea salt or table salt)
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 160mins
1.Preheat oven to 500°F.
2.Mix all the ingredients together (everything but the roast itself) in a small bowl to form a paste. Smear it all over the roast.
3.Roast at 500°F for 20 minutes, then lower the heat to 250°F and cook for another 2 hours or so, or until the roast is nice and brown on the outside and the internal temperature reaches 145°F as measured with an instant-read thermometer.
4.Remove the roast from the oven, cover loosely with foil and let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing.