Chicken Stir-Fry with mushrooms and bok choy
- 3/4 c loww sodium, 99% fat free chicken broth
- 3 T teriyaki sauce
- 3 T rice vinegar
- 2 T corn starch
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 tsp seseme oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast for stir-fry, thin strips
- 1 package, 3.5 ounces, shitake mushroom caps, cleaned and sliced (1 1/2 to 2 cups)
- 1 package (9.5 oz) soba noodles
- 1 pound bok choy, trimmed and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 26mins
1. In a measuring cup, whisk broth, teriyaki, vinegar, cornstarch, sugar, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boiling. Heat the canola and the sesame oils in a large nonstick skillet over a medium high heat. Add chicken and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove to a plate, add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, add soba noodles to boiling water and cook, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
4. Add bok choy and red pepper strips to skillet. Cook 2 minutes. Return chicken to pan along with broth mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until thickened. Gently stir in soba noodles and serve.
5 g fat
1 g sat fat
26 g protein
45 g carbohydrate
2 g fiber
805 mg sodium
44 mg cholesterol