These granola bars are so good! They are so much healthier than store bought granola bars which are filled with chemical preservatives. At some point I want to try to make them with gluten free flour and oatmeal and see how they turn out.
- 4 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey (can substitute sorghum molasses for some of the honey)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips or dried fruit (raisins, dried apricots, your choice - I found that 1 cup of dried fruit was enough)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter or oil 9x13 inch baking dish. Mix all ingredients. If using fruit, stir in now. If using chips, put in bottom of baking dish. Press mixture in dish (if using chips, press on top of chips).
Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Don't overbake or bars will get crispy.
Let cool for a few minutes, then press mixture down again, using a spatula. This will make it easier to cut into squares or bars. Cut while still slightly warm. I made the mistake of putting them in the refrigerator and then trying to cut them, and it was extremely difficult!
Let bars cool completely in pan before removing. Makes 2-3 dozen.
You'll also love
- Grilled Fruit Salad 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Marcona Almond Blondies 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Cauliflower Hummus with Olives 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Homemade Blueberry Compound Butter 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Oven-Fried Chicken Thighs 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Chex Caramel Corn 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Healthy Matcha Green Tea Fudge... 4/5 (14 Votes)