Paleo Crockpot Italian Beef
- 2.5 – 3 pounds of beef (the good stuff… you know the drill)
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 small white or yellow onion, sliced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of red chili flakes
- 1.5 cups organic crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
Break out your slow cooker. Trim your beef of excess fat, cut into 3-4 inch chunks and set in the pot… crock pot, that is.
Peel and chop the carrots, slice the onion and chop the garlic. Add these to the pot with the beef along with the seasonings: salt, garlic powder, basil, oregano, thyme, cinnamon and red chili flakes.
Pour in the beef stock and crushed tomatoes. Add the tomato paste and give everything a good stir. Note: This portion of liquid will produce a fair amount of sauce. If you plan to serve the beef sections whole, you may want to reduce the liquid to 1 cup beef stock, 1 cup crushed tomatoes. If you would like to shred the beef in the sauce before serving, keep the liquid measurements as is.
Cover the slow cooker, set to low for 5-6 hours. My crock pot is an over-achiever and cooks everything faster than it should. My beef was perfect at four and a half hours, so 5-6 should work for you.
Serve with spaghetti squash.
You'll also love
- Big shucks shrimp cocktail 3.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Scalloped Corn With Ham 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- CHEESY SMOKED SAUSAGE & POTATO... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lamb Stew by Farmhouse Rules 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Dried Beef Dip in Rye Bread 4/5 (1 Votes)
Review this recipe