Turkey Meat Loaf
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, bread crumbs, onion, peppers, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
2. In an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, pat the turkey mixture into a 9-in. x 4-in. loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, draining if necessary.
3. Meanwhile, combine the soup, brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup, mustard and remaining tomato sauce. Pour 1/2 cup over meat loaf. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F and juices run clear. Warm remaining sauce; serve with meat loaf.