FISH 'A LA ROMA
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 fish fillets (approx. 1 1/2 Ibs)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 (14 02) can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs
Combine Parmesan cheese and crumbs. Lightly coat fish with flour, dip in egg, and coat with crumb mixture. Let stand 10 minutes. Heat a small amount of butter in a frying pan. Brown fish, a few pieces at a time, adding more butter as needed. Place browned fish on paper towel to drain off excess butter. Cut Mozzarella cheese into 6 slices. Spread half the tomato sauce in bottom of 2 litre shallow casserole. Alternately layer fish and cheese side by side, and then spoon remaining sauce around fish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Makes 6 servings.