Amish Cabbage Dinner
- 1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups raw potatoes, diced and cubed
- 5 slices of American cheese,
- 1 cup to 1-1/2 cups of milk, depending on how much liquid you want there to be
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Brown the ground beef with the onions and garlic.
Sprinkle on the salt and pepper to beef mixture.
Stir and drain.
Add the ketchup and stir some more.
Layer in a baking dish 1/2 of the cabbage, 1/2 of the potatoes, and place the slices of cheese on top.
Add another layer of cabbage and potatoes.
Pour milk over casserole.
You can add more cheese on top if you'd like.
Bake, covered, for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours.