Buffalo Chickpea Pitas With Ranch
This is such an easy way to capture the essence of buffalo wings. A spicy, tangy chickpea salad, a cooling dollop of ranch and fresh crunchy celery. All in one little bite that won’t leave your fingers greasy! Oh, and everything takes like 20 minutes to put together.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, cooked (15 ounce can, rinsed and drained)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo, store bought or homemade
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot, plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup vegan mayo, store bought or homemade
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- GARNISH and ASSEMBLY:
- Additional Frank’s
- 16 mini-pitas
- 1 rib thinly sliced celery
- Fresh chives (optional)
Adapted from theppk.com
In a mixing bowl, use an avocado masher or a strong fork to mash the chickpeas well. They should retain some of their texture and not appear pureed. A few whole ones left are ok.
Mix in the mayo and tahini and give a few more mashes. Salt to taste, if needed. It should be salty enough with the Franks and mayo.
Just mix all of the ingredients together in a little bowl!
Place a tablespoon or so of chickpea salad on a pita. Add a dash more Frank’s if desired. Top with a dollop of ranch. Garnish with a few slices of celery and a piece of chive.