Mardi Gras Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds shell-on medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons minced or pressed garlic
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup beer at room temperature
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cut each shrimp lengthwise through the curved part of the shell and devein, leaving the shell on.
In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic, paprika, lemon juice, bay leave, rosemary, pepper, basil, oregano and cayenne. Cook, uncovered, until fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the shrimp and toss to coat with the seasoning mixture.
Place the pan in the oven and bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Pour in the beer, shake pan to mix, and continue baking until the shrimp are firm and opaque, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Serve the shrimp in bowls with bread to dunk into the sauce.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Sausage Biscuit Bites 3.8/5 (61 Votes)
- Cajun Chicken Shrimp Broccoli... 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Steak with Scallops in Champagne... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
Review this recipe