Asian Spiced Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbs. dry sherry
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
1. Pat the chicken wings with paper towels until dry.
2. Broil the chicken wings for 10 mins on each side, or until browned.
3. Transfer the chicken wings to the slow cooker.
4. In a small mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, sherry, ginger and garlic.
5. Drizzle over the chicken wings and toss to coat.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
6. Remove the wings from stoneware.
7. Reserve 1/4 cup of juices, discard the remaining juices.
8. Combine the reserve juice with the hoisin sauce and lime juice.
9. Drizzle the sauce over the chicken wings.