Noodle Chicken Salad
- 2 (3 oz. each) packages chicken flavored ramen noodle soup mix.
- 13 (2-3 pound) roasted whole chicken
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light sou sauce
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 10-oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery (optional)
Remove flavor packets from soup mixes, reserving 1 packet. Break noodles apart on baking sheet. Heat broiler and cook noodles 5-1/2 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned, stirring every minute.
Remove bones from chicken and coarsely chop meat; set aside. Melt 1 tbsp. butter in skillet over mediuym heat, and add almonds and sesame seeds; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Add remaining butter and chicken, and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Whisk together seasoning packet, oils, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and pepper in a large bowl. Add lettuce, green onions, sesame seed mixture, chicken and noodles, tossing to coat. Add optional ingredients, if desired. Serve immediately.