Peanut brittle is a classic dessert that's perfect for sharing around the holiday season, or anytime!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound shelled unroasted peanuts
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from food.com
Butter 2 cookie sheets, 15 1/2 x 12 inches; keep warm.
Mix baking soda, 1 teaspoon water and the vanilla; set aside.
Mix sugar, 1 cup water and the corn syrup in a 3 quart saucepan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, to 240°F on candy thermometer. Stir in margarine and peanuts. Cook, stirring constantly to 300°F. Watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
Remove from heat immediately; stir in baking soda mixture.
Pour half of the candy mixture on each cookie sheet and spread quickly until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
Cool and break into pieces.
You'll also love
- Mocha Espresso Coffee Mix 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chocolate Raspberry Bars Recipe 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Bread Machine Mexican Sweet Bread 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Reese Pieces Double Chunk... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Beef Brisket 3.9/5 (54 Votes)
- Boneless Pork Roast with... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Gingerbread Man Cookies 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Mile-High Caramel Apple Pie 4.6/5 (9 Votes)