Coconut-Almond Cream Cake
This Coconut-Almond Cream Cake is most delicious! It's a tall cake so I did level it with a serrated knife after cooling and before frosting. Enjoy!
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- Parchment paper
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- Coconut-Almond Filling
- Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting
- Garnishes: kumquats, currants, fresh mint sprigs (Optional)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 325°F. Bake coconut in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 minutes. Place almonds in a single layer in another shallow pan; bake, with coconut, 7 to 9 minutes or until almonds are fragrant and coconut is lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Line 3 (9-inch) round cake pans with parchment paper. Grease and flour paper.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a very large bowl.
Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating until blended. Beat 8 minutes or until very fluffy, scraping bottom and sides of bowl as needed. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition (about 30 seconds per egg). Stir in whipping cream and next 3 ingredients.
Gently fold butter mixture into flour mixture, in batches, just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake 30 to 32 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate. Spread half of chilled Coconut-Almond Filling over cake layer. Top with 1 layer, pressing down gently. Repeat procedure with remaining half of Coconut-Almond Filling and remaining cake layer.
Gently spread Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting on top and sides of cake. Press toasted coconut onto sides of cake; sprinkle toasted almonds on top. Garnish, if desired.
You'll also love
- Homemade Chicken Fingers 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Four and Twenty Blackbirds... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Apple Brown Butter Tart 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Easy Lemon Pudding Cake 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Pudding Recipe 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Coconut Banana Crunch Muffins 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Jello Cream Cake 4.3/5 (17 Votes)