HG's Mashed Potato Pizza
Entire recipe: 244 calories, 5g fat, 730mg sodium, 41.5g carbs, 6.5g fiber, 2.5g sugars, 12g protein -- PointsPlus® value 6*
- 3 tbsp. instant mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 tsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
- Dash each salt and black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
- 1 tsp. fat-free sour cream
- 1 high-fiber pita
- 1 tbsp. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp. chopped scallions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
To make the mashed potatoes, in a medium bowl, combine potato flakes with 1/3 cup hot water, and stir until thickened. Add butter, salt, pepper, and 1/8 tsp. garlic powder. Stir until uniform.
In a small bowl, combine cheese wedge, sour cream, and remaining 1/8 tsp. garlic powder. Stir until smooth.
Lay pita flat on the baking sheet. Spread evenly with cheese mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Add the mashed potatoes in dollops.
Bake until hot and lightly browned, 10 - 12 minutes. Top with scallions.