Muffin Cup Cheddar Beef Pies
Great little breakfast hand grenades--but would be good for dinner, too!
- 2 loaves (1 lb. each)frozen bread dough
- 2 lbs. ground beef (I used 1 lb. ground beef and 1 package fully-cooked turkey breakfast sausage links, finely chopped and added to cooked ground beef)
- 1 8 oz. can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 t Italian seasoning
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- Spaghetti sauce or ranch dressing for dipping
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
Let dough stand at room temperature until softened, approximately 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350. Meanwhile in a dutch oven, cook ground beef over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Drain, and add sausage if using. Stir in mushrooms, cheese and seasonings.
Divide each loaf into 10 portions; roll each into a 4-inch circle. Top with 1/4 cup filling and bring up edges of dough and pinch to seal.
Place meat pies in greased muffin pan seam side down. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with dipping sauce.
*Freeze cooled pies in a zip lock bag and reheat at 350.