Cedar Planked Turkey Breast
- 1 6-7 lb turkey breast
- 1 stick unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ancho powder
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1 large carrot - cut into 1" pieces
- 1 large stalk celery - cut into 1" pieces
- 1 large onion - quartered
Pre soak cedar plank at least 4 hours in water, cider, wine or beer. Oil plank, place in pan with liquid at least 1/2" deep at all times.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Turkey breast should be at room temperature.
Combine butter and spices in a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper. Mix until well incorporated. Rub breast with butter mixture and season liberally with salt and pepper. Put 4 cups chicken stock in bottom of roasting pan. Place soaked and oiled plank in roasting pan. Set turkey breast atop the cedar plank and scatter vegetables around the pan. Roast in the oven until lightly golden brown, about 45 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue roasting, basting with pan drippings mixed with chicken stock every 15 minutes until 160 degrees, about 1 1/2 hours.
Remove from oven - tent loosely, let sit 20 minutes before slicing.