- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds medium shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 2 to 3 frozen or canned artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/4 pound cooked ham, diced
- CREAM AND CHEESE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and Freshly ground pepper
- Parsley for garnish
Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain, but keep hot.
Meanwhile, in a saute pan, heat butter and oil and saute mushrooms until soft. Add shrimp, artichoke hearts and ham; cook until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
To make sauce: Heat butter and cream in saucepan until butter is melted. Remove from heat. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until blended and fairly smooth.
To assemble: Toss spaghetti with sauteed shrimp, ham and vegetables. Place in serving dish and top with sauce. May sprinkle with finely cfhopped parsley and/or more parmesan cheese.