Surprise Carrot Cake
- Cream cheese frosting:
- Non Stick Cooking Spray with Flour
- 2 1/4 cups Sofasilk Cake Flour
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice or ground ginger
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots (4 medium)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups (1 pound) powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon milk
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 63mins
Heat oven to 350 F. Spray two 9 inch round cake pans generously with non stick spray with flour.
Combinecake flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and allspice in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, eggs, and crushed pineapple with juice. Add flour mixture; beat with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl occassionally. Stir in carrots and pecans. Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake 28-32 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes remove from pans to wire rack. Cool completely.
Beat room temperature cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in mixer bowl with electric mixer until well combined. Gradually add powdered sugar. Add milk by tablespoonful until frosting reaches a spreadable consistency.