4-Ingredient Boston Cream Poke Cake
This scrumptious Boston Cream Poke Cake is guaranteed to satisfy any sweet tooth. Cake, pudding, and chocolate. Who needs anything else?
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 (3.4 ounces) boxes instant vanilla or French vanilla pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tub chocolate frosting
Adapted from foodfamilyfinds.com
Make cake according to directions and bake in well greased 9x13 pan.
When cake is finished and while still warm, poke holes all over cake using handle of wooden spoon. The holes need to big and make sure you poke all the way down to the bottom of the pan.
In medium bowl, add milk to pudding mixture and whisk until all lumps are gone.
Pour on top of cake and be sure to pour directly into the holes in the cake.
Spread out with a spoon all the way to the sides of the pan and gently push into the holes.
Put cake in the refrigerator and be sure cake is cool completely before adding frosting (about 2 hours).
When ready to frost, remove lid and foil from frosting tub and put in microwave for 10-15 seconds. Stir with a spoon - should be thick but pourable - not bubbly hot. Pour frosting onto cake. Spread frosting to evenly cover cake. Start in the middle and spread to the sides. Allow to cool on counter for several minutes and then put in refrigerator.
Cake tastes better if it has been in the refrigerator overnight.
You'll also love
- Magic Chicken and Biscuit Casserole 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Gummy Bear Popsicles 4.1/5 (96 Votes)
- Orange Sweet Rolls with Orange... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Stuffing Casserole 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Cocoa-Nut Upside-Down Cake 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Italian Plum Upside Down Cake 4/5 (45 Votes)
- Boston Sour Cream Cake 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake with... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)