Banana Cream Pie
- 1 9-oz ready-to-fill 10-in. graham cracker pie crust
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 Tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas
1. To transfer the pie crust to your own pie plate, unfold the top rim of the crust's foil pan packaging; hold the plastic cover in place and invert. Remove the foil pan, place a pie plate over the crust, invert again and remove the plastic cover.
2. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add the milk and 1 cup of the heavy cream and whisk until fully incorporated; whisk in the egg yolks. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Gently simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
3. Pour half the pudding mixture into the pie crust. Slice bananas crosswise 1/4 in. thick and arrange in a single layer on top of the pudding. Top with the remaining pudding and smooth the top. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pudding. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours and up to 1 day.
4. When ready to serve, using an electric mixer, beat the remaining cup cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form; spread over the pie.