Spinach Veggie Dip
Like the classic spinach dip everyone loves, sans the soup mix. It’s homemade with all natural ingredients; tasty too :). No msg. No gluten.
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped into small cubes
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 4 green onions, finely chopped to half of bulb
- 1/4 cup smoked-dried tomatoes (or sundried)
- 10 ounces drained, thawed spinach
- 1/2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayo
- tsp about 1/2 tsp more coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp seitenbacher vegetarian vegetable broth and seasoning
lay all the veggies (except for the smoked tomatoes) flat on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil. Make sure they’re covered by lathering it on with your hands. Sprinkle with the sea salt, then sprinkle with the garlic and onion.
Bake in a preheated oven at 425 for about 8 minutes, or until garlic and onion flakes are golden. Set aside and allow to cool.
With a hand mixer, stir together the sour cream, cream cheese, and mayo. Add the roasted veggies after they’ve cooled. Add the last bit of coarse salt, paprika, and the vegetable broth/seasoning. Stir in the green onion and the tomatoes.