Grilled Lamb Chops with Garlic, Chiles and Anchovies
can do almost all of the work in advance. The marinade is super flavorful, but if you don't like very spicy food,
cut back on the red jalapenos.
- 3/4 cup pure olive oil
- One 2-ounce can oil-packed anchovies, oil reserved
- 3 red jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon packed marjoram leaves
- 24 baby lamb rib chops (about 3 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the anchovy oil and jalapenos. On a cutting board, chop the anchovies with the garlic, mint and marjoram until minced and add
to the bowl. Arrange the lamb chops in a baking dish, top with the marinade and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temperature before grilling.
2. Light a grill. Scrape the marinade off the lamb and season the chops with salt and black pepper. Grill over high heat, turning once or twice, until nicely charred outside and medium-rare within, about 6 minutes.
Transfer the chops to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Syrah generally makes a good partner for lamb, and deep, rich Syrah from Washington state's Columbia Valley
You'll also love
- Roasted Eggplant with Tahini... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Macaroni and Cheese Casserole with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Italian Mushroom Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- P-MARINATED CHICKEN WINGS 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cream of Asparagus Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- stuffed cuban pork tenderloin 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Garlic Toast 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)