Tacos: Grilled Mahi-Mahi Tacos
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 8-ounce bottle clam juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced seeded serrano chile
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 tablespoons minced green onions, divided
- 4 6-ounce mahi-mahi fillets
- INGREDIENT TIP
- Fish sauce and unsweetened coconut milk are both available in the Asian foods section of most supermarkets. Any extra coconut milk can be used to cook rice to serve alongside.
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Combine first 6 ingredients in medium skillet. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons serrano chile, depending on level of heat desired; boil until sauce thickens slightly and is reduced to generous 3/4 cup, 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro and 2 tablespoons green onions. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
Brush fish all over with 1/4 cup sauce; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill fish until opaque in center and grill marks appear, 5 to 7 minutes per side, depending on thickness of fish. Divide coconut sauce among 4 plates; top with fish. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and green onions.