Mama's Restaurant Chocolate-Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks margarine or butter
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 stick margarine or butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 box (8-oz) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, or more if desired
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
CAKE: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 11 x 13-inch pan.
Mix together flour and sugar thorouthly in a large mixing bowl (you want to coat flour with the sugar so it doesnt get lumpy when moisture is added.) Set aside.
Put butter, water and cocoa in saucepan; bring to a boil. Pour cocoa mixture over flour and sugar mixture; mix until very well blended. Add buttermilk and mix well.Cool mixture a bit so it won't cook eggs then add eggs, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
Bake until cake test done when a toothpick is inserted in center, 30 to 35 minutes.
As soon as cake is removed from oven spread icing on top.
Put butter, cocoa and milk in a saucepan, heat over low heat until butter melts. Remove from heat; add powdered sugar, vanilla, and pecans. Mix until well blended. Spread on cake while hot.
You'll also love
- The Cake Boss's Chocolate Cake 4.4/5 (68 Votes)
- Chocolate Cake/Cup Cakes 5/5 (3 Votes)
- The Melting Pot Chicken Marinade 3.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Gary Rhodes Yorkshire Pudding 3.2/5 (61 Votes)
- Philly Cream Cheese Apricot Cookies 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Fried Chicken 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Mrs. Fields Copycat White... 3.2/5 (11 Votes)