Saturated Fat: 0g
- 1 ice cold 3 lb. ripe watermelon (thump it- does it sound hollow?)
- 1 large cucumber, skinned, seeded (or 2 medium)
- 2 large celery stalks
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, trimmed, cut up
- 2 medium, dense, heirloom tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons minced Elephant Garlic
- Juice from 1-2 limes, according to taste
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro, basil, mint or parsley
- Sea salt, to taste
Adapted from webmd.com
1. Slice the watermelon, cut up most of it, taking out the seeds; reserve about 1 cup, diced fine. Toss the cut up watermelon into a Vita-Mix or blender. Add the cucumber, celery, lettuce, tomato, garlic. Pulse and blend the mix briefly to process it. Add the juice from one lime. Add the vinegar, chopped herbs, sea salt. Pulse till combined.
2. Pour into a storage container, add in the reserved diced watermelon. Cover and chill until serving. Two hours is best.