Chicken With Spinach and Pine Nut Pesto
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/grilled-chicken-with-spinach-and-pine-nut-pesto-217990#ixzz1SxsAEShf
Heat a grill pan on medium high heat.
2 Lightly oil the grill pan.
3 Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
4 Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
5 Combine the spinach, pine nuts, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a processor.
6 Lightly pulse.
7 With the machine running, gradually add 1/3 cup of the oil, blending until the mixture is creamy.
8 Add salt and pulse.
9 Put half of the pesto into ice cube trays and store in the freezer for future use.
10 Transfer the rest of the spinach mixture to a medium bowl.
11 Stir in the Parmesan.
12 Season the pesto with salt and pepper, to taste.
13 Spread the pesto over each piece of chicken and serve
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/grilled-chicken-with-spinach-and-pine-nut-pesto-217990#ixzz1SxsKgpw5