Moist Carrot Cake
Moist Carrot Cake decorate it with cream cheese frosting.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 3/4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 9x13" pan. mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. in a large bowl, mix sugar, oil, and eggs. Beat in flour mixture. Stir in shredded carrots, crushed pineapple, chopped nuts, and flaked coconut. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes our clean. Allow to cool.