Quick Chicken Vesuvio
By Nicole S
- 1/3- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, lightly crushed
- 2 pounds Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup Flour, for coating
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh or thawed frozen organic peas
- Crusty bread, for serving
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a large skillet, heat about 1/4 cup EVOO, 4 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and garlic; season with the oregano and lots of salt and pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 15 minutes.
2. meanwhile, in a large, ovenproof skillet, heat a couple tbsp. EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper and coat in flour. Brown the chicken on each side until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the wine and stock. Stir in the peas.
3. Transfer the potatoes and garlic to the chicken skillet and place in the oven. roast to cook the chicken through, 10 to 12 minutes. Top with the parsley and serve with bread for mopping.