Wagon Wheels and Cheese with Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 (16 oz) box mini wheels pasta
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 oz) pkg. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 12 (1 cup) ovenproof ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
Cook pasta according to package directions; keep warm.
Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 tsp. salt. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium-high heat until melted and hot. Add chicken, and cook for 3-4 mins., stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through. Add flour and remaining 1 tsp. salt; cook, stirring constantly for 2 mins. or until blended and smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 mins. or until mixture is slightly thickened. Add cheeses, stirring until melted and smooth. Stir in broccoli.
Add pasta to cheese mixture, stirring gently until well blended. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dishes.
In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle evenly over each casserole. Bake for 15-20 mins. or until hot and bubbly. Cool before serving.