Green Giant Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 pkg (500g) frozen cut broccoli
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp each of worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard
- salt & pepper as desired
- 1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook & stir about 5 minutes or until softened.
Add garlic & cook 2 minutes longer.
Add broccoli & broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover & cook about 5 minutes until broccoli is tender, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat & process in blender or food processor until soup is as smooth as you like.
Return to pan & stir in milk, salt & pepper. Add cheese, cook & stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
Garnish with additional cheese if desired.