Spicy Black Beans and Polenta
Hoxsey Clinic compliant recipe.
- 1 tbsp(s) Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup(s) Onion(s), White Medium, Chopped
- 1 tsp(s) Garlic minced
- 1 tsp(s) Oregano Dried
- 30 ounce(s) Black Beans 2 Cans
- 29 ounce(s) Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 tsp(s) Rosemary Dried
- 1 cup(s) Cornmeal Yellow
- 1/2 cup(s) Mozzarella, Fresh Grated
- 1 tbsp(s) Butter, unsalted
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Heat the oil over medium heat in a 2-quart saucepan that has a lid. Peel and coarsely chop the onion, adding it to the pan as you chop. Raise the heat to high and cook until the onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, and oregano, and cook for 1 minute.
2. Drain one can of beans and add them to the saucepan along with the un-drained can. Stir well, cover, and reduce the heat to medium. Let the mixture cook, uncovering occasionally to stir, while preparing the polenta.
3. Combine the vegetable broth and rosemary in a 4-1/2-quart Dutch oven or soup pot and bring to a boil, covered, over high heat, about 4 minutes. Uncover and lower the heat to medium, but maintain a moderate boil. Whisking constantly, slowly add the cornmeal to the boiling broth. Continue to whisk until the mixture reaches a porridge like consistency, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Remove the polenta from the heat and stir in the Mozzarella and butter. Place some polenta in each serving bowl. Top with the beans and serve.