Avocado Chicken Enchiladas
- Enchilada Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup mild or med salsa verde
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- Ingredients for the Enchiladas:
- 3-4 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped or shredded
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 8 flour tortillas
1. preheat oven to 375. in medium sauce pan, saute garlic in butter for about 1 minute of medium/high heat. stir in flour and let it cook for about 2 more minutes.
2. stir in the chicken broth, cumin, salt, pepper and bring to a simmer. remove from heat and stir in the sour cream, salsa verde and cilantro until smooth (at least as smooth as you can get it)
3. prepare a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray. add about 1/2 cup sauce to the bottom of the pan and spread out until the bottom of the baking dish is evenly coated.
4. lay out a tortilla and add chicken, shredded cheese and avocado to the end of the tortilla and roll. then place the rolled tortilla seam-side down and repeat until the pan is full.
5. pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas. cover with 1 cup of cheese and bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.