Reuben Pigs in Blankets
The perfect finger food for your next get together or party. So easy to prepare, make these pigs in blankets for your next Super Bowl party and they will disappear as soon as they hit the serving table.
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 8-ounce tube crescent roll dough
- 2 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 24 beef cocktail franks
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Caraway seeds, for topping
- Thousand Island dressing and/or spicy brown mustard, for dipping (optional)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the sauerkraut and relish in a small bowl; set aside.
Unroll the crescent dough and pinch the seams together with your fingers. Cut the dough in half lengthwise, then slice each half crosswise into 12 strips. Spread about 1 teaspoon of the sauerkraut-relish mixture on each strip of dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border on one short end. Sprinkle with the cheese. Place 1 frank on each strip of dough and roll the dough around the frank, pressing lightly to seal.
Transfer to the baking sheet seam-side down; brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with caraway seeds. Bake until the dough is golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve with Thousand Island dressing and/or mustard.
You'll also love
- Broccoli-Corn Casserole 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip... 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Roasted Turkey Gravy 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Baked Stuffed Shrimp with Crabmeat... 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Streuselkuchen; German Crumb Cake 4/5 (67 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Barbecued Baby... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Lidia's Almond-Apricot Butter... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- White Chocolate Blueberry... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)