Filipino Beef Lumpia*****
Gideon's grandmother use to make these for class parties all the time when Tyler was at CCA.
- 5 lbs ground beef
- 5 onions, chopped finely
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 carrots, chopped fine
- 3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 2 cans chopped water chestnuts
- 1 c ketchup
- 1 c soy sauce
- 3 eggs
- garlic powder, s and p, to taste
- Filipino lumpia wrappers or chinese eggroll wrappers
- Cornstarch and water paste
-Mix everything together well like a meatloaf.
-Lay wrapper on diagonal.
-Place a "dime roll" size of meat in center of wrapper.
-Bring corner up over meat, pinch and shape into log shape.
-Fold two side corners in over meat.
-Continue to roll tightly, seal with cornstarch mixture.
-Deep fry at 330* until golden brown, about 3 min.