Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
- 3 1/2 - 4 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters.
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, chopped, divided
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
Place potatoes in saucepan, and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until tender, then drain well.
Preheat oven toe 375*
Transfer potatoes back to the saucepan. Mash potatoes with a masher until almost smooth. Add cream cheese and sour cream, butter, milk, salt and pepper. Continue mashing until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese and half the bacon. Spoon mixture evenly into a lightly oiled 3 quart casserole dish. Use a spatula or fork to make an irregular surface.
Bake for 20 minutes. Top with remaining cheese, bacon, and green onions. Bake for 5 more minutes to melt cheese. Serve immediately.