Kabocha Squash Fries with Spicy Greek Yogurt Sriracha
- Kabocha Squash Fries
- 1 (4-pound) kabocha squash, unpeeled, cut lengthwise, seeds removed with a spoon, and cut into 1/4-inch half-moons
- 2-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Sriracha dipping sauce
- 3/4 cup 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce (use more or less, depending on desired heat)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
To make the fries
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, toss the squash and olive oil until well coated. Spread the squash in an even layer across the baking sheet, making sure each piece is touching the surface of the pan, to ensure even browning. Sprinkle with the sea salt.
3. Roast in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, then flip and roast for another 25 minutes.
4. Turn the oven up to 500°F. Continue to bake for another 5 minutes, or until the kabocha squash is golden brown and crispy on both sides.
To make the dipping sauce
In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, Sriracha, and sea salt, if desired. Mix well. Serve alongside the kabocha fries.