Banana Scones with Cinnamon Glaze
- for the scones:
- 2c2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2c1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1Tbsp1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6Tbsp6 Tbsp salted cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2c1/2 c mashed banana (1 large banana)
- 1large1 large egg
- 3Tbsp3 Tbsp whipping cream
- more flour for dusting
- for the glaze:
- 1c1 c powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 to 3Tbsp2 to 3 Tbsp milk
- 1/4tsp1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Adapted from crunchycreamysweet.com
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Spray the baking sheet with a cooking spray or line with a parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon). Add the butter and cut it in with a pastry cutter until the mixtures resembles coarse crumbs.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together banana, egg and cream. Add the dry ingredients and fold it all in with a spatula or a wooden spoon. Do not overmix.
5. Dust your countertop with flour and place the scones dough on the surface.
6. Sprinkle the top with more flour.
7. Pat the dough into a round disk.
8. Transfer onto a prepared sheet. Pat it down into a 1 and 1/2 inch thick disk. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 6 triangles. Gently pull each one away from the center, creating about 1/4 inch space between them.
9. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
10. Cool on sheet for 20 minutes.
11. Prepare the glaze by whisking all the ingredients together.
12. Place scones on a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet.
13. Drizzle scones. Let the glaze dry for few minutes.
These scones are the best eaten on the same day.