Penne Pasta In Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
Warm a 10-inch noncorrosive sauté pan. Add the butter and melt until lightly brown. Add the onion and garlic; cook until translucent. Add the stock and cook until three-fourths reduced. Add the penne. Toss and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cream and the cheese. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice to thin the texture slightly. Season with the pepper and sprinkle with the parsley.
Serve with warm, crusty bread and a spinach salad.