Penne with Bell Peppers, Mushrooms and Cheese
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups whipping (35%) cream
- 1 tsp minced anchovies
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb penne
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 oz arugula, washed and chopped
1. Broil peppers in oven for 15 minutes or until charred, turning often. Cool. Peel skins, remove stem and seeds and cut into strips; set aside.
In a skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook garlic, mushrooms, onions and green onion until
golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in chicken stock and white wine; cook until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Stir in cream and anchovies; cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in cheeses; blend well.
In a blender or food processor, puree sauce. Strain sauce over skillet and put over low heat to keep warm.
In large pot of boiling salted water cook penne 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Stir butter into sauce until it melts. Toss pasta with sauce, pepper strips, pine nuts and arugula. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Potato Pancakes with Chives and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tracy's Tomato soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Noodle Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Two-Tomato Arrabbiata Pesto Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herb Butter-And-Myikos Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rosemary Mushroom Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steak Tips with Peppered Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)