Peanut Butter Cookies W/ Chocolate candied bacon
How sweet it is
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 slices cinnamon-sugared candied bacon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Cinnamon Sugared Bacon
- 8 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
- On a large plate, mix sugar and cinnamon. Dredge bacon slices through the mix, lightly patting the sugar on top. Lay strips on wire rack and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping the bacon once. Remove and drain on paper towels for 1 minute.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dip candied bacon slices in melted chocolate and let come to room temperature while preparing the dough. If needed, stick them in the fridge for a few minutes.
Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars together in the bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy – about 3-4 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, mixing until combined. Add flour, baking soda and salt, mixing until just combined and dough forms. Crumble bacon and fold it into dough. Drop tablespoon-sized dough balls on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.